Today I have published version 2018.2.2.7 of my XrmToolBox plugin. The purpose of this plugin is to make it easy to download and backup attachments in CRM. This release is a major release as it is the first built version with all pieces working. The first version only had note downloads working.
Overview of Plugin:
Overview of Plugin:
- Current Version: 2018.2.2.7
- Purpose: Download Attachments and E-Mail attachments
- GitHub Link.
- GitHub Wiki Link.
- Nuget Package Link.
How To Use The Tool:
- Launch XRMToolBox.
- Connect to organization.
- Step 1, choose what you want to download. (Once a choice is made, Step 2 becomes usable)
- Notes - Download attachments from note entity.
- E-Mail - Download attachments from emails.
- Both - Downloads attachments from notes and emails entities.
- Step 2, choose if you want to download all attachments in the system or specific attachments.
- All Attachments - This will search the chosen entity to find all records that have an attachment and download them.
- Click on "Browse" and choose where to download the attachments too.
- Specific Attachments - You will need to provide a .csv file with a GUID(s) of the records you want to download.
- Click on "Browse" and choose the .csv file to use. Attachments will be downloaded to the same location as the .csv file.
- Step 3. click on "Run".
- When complete, in step 4 click on "Export Results". This will export the data in the output area into a pipe delimited (|) .csv file.
- Note attachments are stored in a "Note Attachments" folder at the download location chosen.
- Email attachment are stored in a "Email Attachments" folder at the download location chosen.
- Inside the folder mentioned above are other folders. The folder for each of these sub-folders is the GUID of the source record (Note / Email). This way we can maintain the relationship of the records. Within this folder are the attachment(s).
If you run into any issues with this plugin please report the issue against the GitHub Project.
Thanks for this helpful tool!ReplyDelete
I have an on-premesis 2011 installation of CRM and am attempting to download all 10,000+ note attachments.
I first tried the "All Attachments" option, and it appeared to be working well until it reached the 883rd attachment, when it simply stopped downloading the files without any error message.
I then built 12 csv files to specify annotationId values for batches of 880 IDs in each file.
I was then able to use the "Specific Attachments" option to download 5 batches of 880 files without a problem, but when I reached the 6th batch, it stopped after 173 records. I then made a copy of the 6th batch file, removing the first 173 records, but when I tried to run that file, nothing happened. I removed the first ID from that file, and still nothing happened.
I then tried the 7th batch file, and I was able to download 500 or so of the 880 files, and then it stopped.
I then tried the 8th batch file, and I was able to download 100 or so of the 880 files before it stopped without warning.
At this rate, it's going to take a long time for me to figure out how to download all the files.
Is there something I can do to ensure that all the files download successfully? Is there an error log somewhere that would tell me what the problem is?
What should the CSV file look like to the "Specific Attachments" option? Currently I have two files I have tried. Both are .csv files. One has the guids of the attachments and one has the guids of the emails. not sure which to use and neither creates an output.ReplyDelete
I am struggling with the exact same thing. If I figure it out I will come back and respond.Delete